Microsoft resigns its 12-year-old Windows XP working framework on Tuesday. All things being equal, there are as yet a great many XP PCs out there. This is what to do in the event that you claim one of them:
What happens Tuesday?
- Microsoft Corp. will issue its last refresh to fix realized security defects with XP.
- After that, XP machines will at present work, and you can introduce past security refreshes. You won’t motivate new ones to address any new security blemishes.
- Your machine will confront more prominent security dangers. Since programmers know Microsoft will never again issue refreshes, they have additional motivating force to search for security defects.
Would i be able to redesign my PC?
- Check here to see whether your PC is running Windows XP: http://amirunningxp.com
- If it is, run the device here to see whether your PC is sufficiently incredible to upgrade: http://bit.ly/KkZERx
- If you can redesign, you can purchase a DVD adaptation of the most recent Windows 8 form for $120: http://bit.ly/1mQBzCe
- You’ll have to back up your documents and have plates for old projects helpful, as a redesign requires clearing out your hard drive. Microsoft has a well ordered instructional exercise: http://bit.ly/1mYSYEj
- Keep as a main priority that it’s conceivable better to utilize that $120 toward another PC. You’ll be getting something all the more dominant.
Imagine a scenario where I continue utilizing my XP PC, regardless of the dangers.
- Be certain to run all the recently discharged updates, in addition to the keep going one out on Tuesday.
- If you needn’t bother with the Internet association, unplug it. That will limit the hazard. Be watchful about appending USB stockpiling drives, as that may present vindictive programming.
- If you need the Internet, avoid utilizing email, Facebook and different interchanges channels through which pernicious programming may travel.
- It’s likewise a smart thought to secure your PC by utilizing a profile that needs regulatory rights and to expel more seasoned programming you never again need.
Where would i be able to get more data?
What end of support means: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-support-help
Upgrade information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8